Mike qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 1994, and has over 20 years international contracting & development team experience, specializing in project structuring, funding, turnaround and litigation.
He has been based in UAE since 2006, during which time he has led turnaround of several distressed projects, and managed project, legal and expert teams in successfully prosecuting several arbitrations, securing Awards for several hundred million Dirhams.
Mike has also:
- Managed amicable resolution of several project terminations during the 2008/2009 financial crisis
- Represented Contractor in $2bn project financing negotiations with Client legal / funding teams
- Structured innovative terms and negotiated bespoke contract conditions for an AED3bn hospitality project
- Advised on contractual and claims issues on off-shore & on-shore Oil & Gas projects in Iraq and UAE
- Led restructuring of a stalled commercial development, involving Client, Investors, Consultants, Contractor and Subcontractors
- Resolved Client termination threat & renegotiated revised terms for a QR1bn retail / office complex
- Carried out Corporate Reviews of regional project portfolios, recommending and implementing Action Plans to mitigate and resolve risks
Mike holds Masters (1993) and Bachelors (1991) Degrees from Trinity College, Dublin, and a Diploma in Construction Economics from the Dublin Institute of Technology.